LangleyCyber’s most valued asset is our Team. LangleyCyber is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. If you are interested in a Career making a difference at LangleyCyber? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LangleyCyber, a new full-service cyber security firm, is looking for a mission driven, self-starter to join its Security Operation Center as a Junior Analyst. With offices in Arlington, VA, LangleyCyber was founded to bring the tradecraft and skills honed in the defense of our country to bear for our clients. LangleyCyber strives to defend and aid those in need who share our values and are looking for results.
At LangleyCyber, we are made whole by the diversity of our team. We are a firm that invites and celebrates the uniqueness of each member of our team and encourages individuals to bring their best selves into the workplace.
As a Junior Analyst, you will work with a wide range of clients, including corporate, association, nonprofit, campaigns, committees, and issue advocacy groups, and support the work of the firm to defend these organizations and protect their vital missions.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent industry training and certifications.
- Three to five years of experience in a security analyst or related position.
- Technical knowledge of enterprise-class technologies such as firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, VPNs, and desktop and server operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft’s enterprise technology platform, including Azure, Active Directory, SQL, Office365, and the Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Proficiency with Windows PowerShell.
- Working experience with the following technology vendors and products: Splunk Cloud, Rapid7 Nexpose Vulnerability Scanner, Sophos Antivirus, Varonis DatAlert, ForeScout CounterACT.
- Strong writing skills, as well as the ability to articulate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Working experience with creating, implementing, and managing a threat hunting program within a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and/or enforcing security and compliance frameworks such as NIST, Cobit, and ISO.
- Be a proficient problem-solver that is able to work autonomously.
- Require knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security: network security analysis tools such as Snort, TCPDUMP, Wireshark, and other Host or Network-based Intrusion Detection Systems; and experience with system vulnerability assessment.
- Proactively monitor the environment to detect and implement steps to mitigate cyber-attacks before they occur.
- Review, investigate, and respond to real-time alerts within the environment.
- Review real-time and historical reports for security and/or compliance violations.
- Monitor online security-related resources for new and emerging cyber threats.
- Being aware of current affairs and their potential impact on the business.
- Define new and maintain existing technical control measures.
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies through logging/audits.
- Prepare reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage.
- Research of latest security trends.
- Assist in conducting computer incident investigations.
- Required to provide quality customer service to clients.